Rather than have you fill out an order form we’d like to chat. Email or phone is fine. We can discuss your quilt, it’s purpose, and learn how to make your quilt even more special.
Before you email or call, there are a few things you need to do.
- You need to measure your quilt
- Decide what preparations that you choose to have us do (e.g. seaming backing, pressing seams, etc.)
- Pick a quilting pattern and think about thread colors
- Think about binding colors and materials
- Decide if you want to send us fill or buy it from us. Have the fill material information on hand.
Pricing Depends on Options You ChooseAnd, before you ship there are a few more things you need to do.Quilt Top
- Press and square the quilt top as you piece it.
- All pieced seams must be completely sewn together, trimmed, and pressed flat. Press the seams well!
- Be sure the top lies flat. Ripples and "puffy" places will not necessarily quilt flat.
- Take care that the borders do not ripple and wave.
- The top should be free of pins and embellishments such as buttons and beads.
- Clip all loose threads! They will show through light fabrics and might damage the quilt if they “catch” during the quilting process.
- Quilt top should be trimmed down to final finished size. We will not cut or trim a quilt top.
- Use a safety pin to mark the top of the quilt and backing.
- Use the safety pin to attach a note with your name address and phone. Write the note with non-water soluble non-staining ink or use a pencil.
- Measure your quilt top across the top, bottom, and at the center. These 3 measurements should be the same. If not, there is a possibility that there will be puckers in your finished quilt. Measure from top left corner to right bottom corner. Measure from top right corner to bottom left corner. If these measurements are not equal then your quilt is not square (or evenly rectangular).
- Quilt must be clean and free of any odors.
- If you prewashed the fabrics in your quilt top it is highly recommended that you prewash your backing fabric as well.
Batting & Backing
- Batting and backing must be at least 6”to 8”larger than the quilt top.
- Backing must be square and properly seamed together, horizontally, to the quilt.
- Quilt top and backing must be sent as separate layers.
- Quilt may not be sent bound.
Pricing Depends on Options You Choose
- Edge to Edge Quilting
- Custom Quilting
- Depends on size & materials
- Minimum for orders smaller than Twin
- If batting is not received along with your quilt, our batting prices will vary depending on type and size of the quilt. We use Warm & Natural ®(The warm Company) batting unless otherwise requested.
Free return shipping and delivery!
- You ship your quilt top and other materials to us
- We ship your completed quilt back and we pay for return shipping!
Payment in full with your quilt. Sorry, but we can’t do CODs.
We accept personal checks (it takes a while for your check to be processed) and money orders. We’ll be accepting PayPal in a few months.
Of course, we accept cash for local folks.