FAQ - Frequently Asked QuestionsBefore sending us an email or calling, please check out these questions others have asked. You may find someone has been wondering the same thing. And, if you can’t find an answer here, ask us! Your question just may get added to this page to help others.
1. How do I place an order?
Easy, just call us or send us an email. See our Order page
2. How do you charge?
Base rate by the square inch, but you’ll have to call or email to get a complete price quote.
3. How much does the average quilting job cost?
An average finished twin completely quilted with a standard pattern, bound, and backed would be under $175 plus tax. Return shipping is free.
4. Should I wash my quilt top before I send it to you?
You may, but it’s not required. If you do wash your quilt top, you must also wash the backing and it must be ironed
5. Are ripples and puckers in my quilt top OK?
No! Please press your quilt top flat before shipping. Ripples and puckers will not be corrected by quilting, and it probably will not lay flat when finished.
6. Will you trim my quilt top to size?
No. You must trim and square your top. We will not trim your quilt top.
7. How much will it cost to ship my quilt top, backing, and batting to you?
It depends on the size and weight. Consider a USPS flat rate box.
8. How will you know which edge is the top?
Please mark the top of both the quilt top and the backing with safety pins.
9. Should I remove all embellishments like buttons and beads?
Yes! It is important that all embellishments including pins, buttons, yarn ties, etc be removed.
10. Is it important to sew the seems connecting my pieces?
Yes, absolutely. We can not sew you quilt top panels together.
It is also important to press the seems flat and trim all threads.
11. How should I size my batting and backing?
Both batting and backing must be at least 6 to 8 inches larger than your quilt top.
12. What kind of batting should I use?
It depends on your intended use for the quilt. Before you choose batting, let’s talk.
We stock high quality batting that is appropriate for a legacy quilt.
13. What should I use for backing?
Wow! Lots of choices. Call us - let’s chat. 605-934-2300
13. What is our return policy?
All fabric cuts are final. Precuts can be returned if unopened, and undamaged. Each class holds it's own policy for cancellation and returns.